FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM!

WE ARE HOUSE OF SMICHI ❤

POPULAR POSTS

August 11, 2016

Enjoy My Book Club: Theodosia Throckmorton Book 1

Greetings!
My reading that I finished the book today is a great story that reminds me of some artistic art from ancient Egypt era. This time I choose to read Theodosia and the Serpent of Chaos by R. L. LaFevers.



How I first noticed the book is really lovely. I think I can tell it like love at the first sight. With the book. I found it in kids section. It has a very intriguing cover design and when I read a synopsis at the back of the book, I know this is the right book I will read whenever I get the chance to.

The book tells us about Theodosia, a gifted eleven years old live in the year 1906, is a girl who can sense bad feelings whenever she look at her parents' museum collections. Theo's parents love to collect all the artifacts that they got from Egypt.

The book became more interesting especially when her Mom is back from Egypt bringing The Heart of Egypt - a legendary amulet belonging to an ancient tomb - that really has a black curse inside of it. She must fight with all the difficulties she had when the precious artifacts is missing. And she must take it back to where it belongs.

I love this book because it filled of so many ancient Egypt knowledge. Hieroglyphs, Egypt gods, how to counter the curse, and the imagination of the artifacts look like descriptions. I am enjoying myself reading the book.

Well, the book is already published on the fourth story. I am waiting for the Bahasa Indonesia version. I hope the book will be published soon!

That's all for today. 
I am now reading Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander. Oh, I mean J.K. Rowling. We'll see you all again soon!
Thank you for reading!

Remember,
think interior design, think House of Smichi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONTACT US!

Feel free to contact us by drop comments
or
email us to: houseofsmichi@gmail.com

You can ask, share, discuss, or just talk about art and design with us! :)

POPULAR POSTS